You have dreams that you would like to live out. You have areas of your life that you really want to change for the better. But there is one thing that you don’t have that will stop you from realizing your dreams and desires … an unwavering BELIEF that it CAN happen, no matter what you are facing right now in your life.
With another New Year upon us, it got me thinking about what I can share with you that would positively impact how your 2012 will unfold and have a significant impact on what is possible for you to create in this upcoming year. Imagine if this year could end up being your BEST YEAR YET and that’s all you had to do was just change one thing. How cool would that be?
I started thinking about things that I want to change in my own life that sometimes seem like they are taking longer than I would like them to. Do you ever have that feeling? (I am seeing your head nod!)
I truly believe that if we look for the "proof positive", we will find it. This works both ways, because if you look for the "negative
proof", you will find that too! What you choose to give your attention to, strongly impacts what you attract next into your life.
So, I decided to look for the "proof positive". I looked back on my life and thought about something that I changed for the positive, that at the time seemed almost impossible ... it was a BIGGIE, and there seemed to be no proof in front of me that it could change drastically for the better.
I took a pen and paper and started jotting down what I did during those times that I could learn from and apply in other areas of my life that aren't changing as quickly as I would like them to.
And it made me think about answering this question:
What does it take to have 100% Faith and Belief when there is NO proof in front of you that what you desire to change in your life is ever going to happen? (and how the heck do you get there?!)
This brought to mind the time when I was diagnosed with MS. There was something different I did with that adversity ... something that has a lesson in it for everyone who wants to change any area of their life that seems really challenging - those areas of your life where it is very difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Here's what I did differently or chose to embrace that resulted in a positive outcome for me: (Note … you can apply this to ANY area of your life that you want to change!)
- A conviction of "Hell No", this is not the way it is going to be. I decide.
- A detachment from how or when it is going to turn around; An openness to LET GO of that HOW.
- No self-imposed time restrictions – just knowing it will be fine.
- A belief that it doesn’t have to be that way, things can get better and will.
- A deserving feeling … one that said "I am worth it. I deserve to experience great health!"
- Proof that I had already succeeded at losing excess weight after many years (70 lbs) – knowing that even if it took a long time, I DID IT!
- Having something to live for / look forward to ... I focused on the blessings I did have in my life: the love of my life, the beautiful home I had, etc.
- A strength that came from within (maybe linked to being the strong one in the family) – queen of the emotional fortress. (got to "buck up" here)
- A declaration to the Universe / God of my desire to be drug-free – experiencing great health and taking excellent care of my body the natural way. I declared to the Universe OUTLOUD "I don't know HOW this is going to happen, but one day I will be drug-free!" And IT HAPPENED!
- Having the seed planted in my head by a doctor who said "this can be just a bump in the road". Even though the way he meant it was not the way I took it, the message still resonated on a very deep level and I just took it to the extreme positive. What would it take for you to embrace the attitude of ..."This is just another bump in the road of my life and I will get over it!"
- I had a plan and made a clear-cut decision that from here on in I was going to make my overall health and well-being my #1 priority. I decided to eliminate all sources of stress, since stress is the cause of most illness and dis-ease! And boy, did that have a positive impact!
So, what did you learn from this list?
Can you see where you can apply many of these steps to that one area of your life that you really want to change?
What did you notice as a common theme throughout each of these steps?
I decided that things were going to be different, even when what was in front of me didn't point to that.
I decided. I chose my future path before there was any proof that it could show up.
What would it take for YOU to make a 180 degree change in the #1 area of your life that you constantly want to improve?
What attitude would you have to embody and embrace in order to watch 2012 unfold as your best year yet?
Anything is possible. Can you feel the energy of that right now?
As featured in Connextions Magazine, Issue 6.
Maria Lesetz is a Health & Happiness Coach and founder of Lovin’ Life – a life coaching company that specializes in facilitating powerful, personal
Connextions Magazine, the Travel & Lifestyle Magazine for the LGBTQ Traveler, is your trusted resource for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer travel destinations, vacation ideas, fun travel videos, LGBTQ travel guides and the latest news relevant to our entire rainbow community. Connextions Magazine focuses on celebrating the LGBTQ Traveler providing information on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer travel, our LGBTQ culture, the diverse style of our rainbow community, adventures, gay romance, tips for Lesbian Moms, Gay Dads, Bisexual, Transgender Parents and families.
Connextions Magazine LLC | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | USA
PO Box 242, Calverton NY 11933
MISSION: Connextions Magazine celebrates the LGBT traveler. Making connections to travel like a local, whether on a quick weekend getaway or a luxury vacation, Connextions transports our readers through dazzling photography and insightful content about travel, dining, culture and style to destinations and memorable travel experiences across the globe.