If Cruising is on your itinerary, then these movies should NOT be on your list:
1. Titanic – released in 1997. Deadly shipwrecked after hitting an iceberg. Celine Dion’s heart is still going on. Kate Winslet promises to never let go of Jack, played by Leonardo DiCaprio, as she lets him go, instead of making room for him on the door that allows her to float to safety. But alas, the movie was a world phenomenon and broke all sorts of box office records. Did we mention that Celine’s heart is still going on?
2. The perfect Storm – released in 2000. The story of a small commercial fishing vessel lost at sea with all hands after being caught in the Perfect Storm of 1991, starring George Clooney, and Marky Mark - Mark Wahlberg.
3. Speed 2: Cruise Control – released in 1997. Cruise Control follows Sandra Bullock vacationing in the Caribbean aboard a luxury cruise ship, that gets hijacked by a terrorist. It’s a sequel to the movie Speed starring Keanu Reeves.
4. Poseidon Adventure – released in 1972. The original “Titanic,” kind of. A luxurious cruise ship encounters a tsunami during a New Year’s Eve celebration. The ensemble cast make this movie a work of art with some unforgettable performances. My favorite scene is the one when Shelly Winters has to relive her days as a swimming champion.
5. Poseidon – released in 2006. Luxury Ocean liner capsize after encountering a rogue wave. Think of the “sorta kinda remake” of Titanic, which is a “sorta kinda remake” of Poseidon Adventure.
Connextions Magazine, the Travel & Lifestyle Magazine for the LGBTQ Traveler, is your trusted resource for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer travel destinations, vacation ideas, fun travel videos, LGBTQ travel guides and the latest news relevant to our entire rainbow community. Connextions Magazine focuses on celebrating the LGBTQ Traveler providing information on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer travel, our LGBTQ culture, the diverse style of our rainbow community, adventures, gay romance, tips for Lesbian Moms, Gay Dads, Bisexual, Transgender Parents and families.
Connextions Magazine LLC - PO Box 242, Calverton NY 11933
MISSION: Connextions Magazine is The Travel Magazine for the LGBTQ community. Making connections to travel like a local, whether on a quick weekend getaway or a luxury vacation, Connextions transports our readers through dazzling photography and insightful content about travel, dining, culture and style to destinations and memorable travel experiences across the globe. We are your Connextions to the world!
Copyright © 2010 - CONNEXTIONS MAGAZINE, LLC - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED